1. They are evasive in answering questions.
2. They make grandiose or unrealistic claims.
3. They have a history of financial problems.
4. They refuse to provide references or contact information.
5. They use pressure tactics to get you to make a decision.
6. They try to keep you off balance by being overly friendly or overly hostile.
7. They try to play on your emotions.
8. They use complicated language to make themselves sound more credible.
9. They give you the runaround when you try to verify their claims.
10. They disappear when you try to hold them accountable.